Friday 11 November 2011

Keeping Fit

This is a card I made for my Husband's Birthday, he's become a bit of a fitness fanatic, me and the boys have decided that he's having a mid life crisis!


I followed the sketch over at Sketch Saturday and used some of my Joanna Sheen House Mouse Decoupage, I love using this decoupage but can't bear to give the cards away, so using it on a card for my husband means I can at least keep it in the house.  I used backing paper and a sentiment from the House Mouse Inserts CD and the card stock is my favourite core'dinations.

The panel and corners were embossed using one of my new Darice embossing folders from Crafter's Companion and the buttons and twine are from my stash.

I printed an insert from the CD and backed it with matching core'dinations card stock for the inside of the card.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Sketch Saturday Week 180 - Sketch
One Stop Crafts week 136 - 3 is a magic number (3 mice, 3 purple buttons, 3 embossed shapes)
Paper Crafting Journey Challenge 23 - Embossing
Crafts and Me Challenge 60 - Birthdays

Thank you for stopping by, please leave me a comment, I would love to know what you think.

Pauline
x

9 comments:

Seafield Jo said...

What a fantastic birthday card, I'm sure he'll love it. I just love the expressions on their faces!

Jo x

Claire said...

LOL brilliant card Pauline, those mice are just fab! Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Claire x

ladyjanet_56 said...

This is a beautiful card I love the HM image & your colour combo, thank you for joining us at OSCC. Janet

Carol said...

Great card Pauline, he'll love it. Gorgeous colour combo too. Carol x

Crafteezee said...

Oh these little fella's look fit, lol. Great card. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me. Hugs Tracy x

Sue B said...

Oh wow! This is fabulous Pauline! Love the scene that you've created. The mice are so cute, and the Heart Chart is perfect. Gorgeous papers and bellies!
Have a great weekend!
Hugs Sue xx

CraftyC said...

Your card is gorgeous Pauline and such a sweet image
Clairex

Share Knowledges said...

Another little beauty, So fresh and clean. Your cutting of images and sweet glittered flower spray is too good. I haven't seen the embossing folder you used before, it looks fabulous as the snowy background.
emergency supply kits

happyglitzygirl said...

Great card, I love it. So much details. Awesome. Thanks so much for playing with us at the papercrafting journey, blessings Hilde