Friday 29 March 2013

A Strange Request

My husband asked me to make a card for him, that in itself is unusual but then he told me what the subject was - A TANK - apparently it is the second birthday of the online game World of Tanks!  They are running a competition with lots of prizes for the best birthday cards that are sent in - well I'm always up for a challenge and I knew just where I would find an image of a Tank!

This is the card that I have made for him:


The decoupage image, sentiment and camouflage papers are from my The Best of La Pashe CD, I turn to this CD again and again, there is such a variety of images on it.  The map paper is from a road atlas that I rescued from the bin after my husband had thrown it away and everything has been layered on to black card stock.  The number 2 is a Penny Black stamp, I have heat embossed it and also added some 3D Crystal Lacquer.

I cut out another small tank image and decorated the inside of the card to complement the front, you can also just about see the decoupage layers in this photograph:


I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Charisma Cardz Challenge 12 - Happy Birthday
Sarah Hurley Challenge 78 - Recycle (map backing paper)
A Gem of a Challenge 72 - On the Move
Creative Card Crew Challenge 32 - Masculine
Creative Corner Challenge 12 - Anything Goes

Thank you so much for visiting me today, please leave me a comment so that I can come and visit you.

Happy Easter everyone.

Pauline
x



29 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

this is ace Pauline so quirky and fab
Hugs Kate xx

Andrea said...

as always Pauline an ace card wether its pretty or masculine your cards are always perfect.Hope it does the trick a and wins the competion..it should do.. I love the inside and how youve done the tank in the corner over the layers it looks tricky ! hope you have a lovely Easter weekend,off on a quick hope before i ned to go to work .. hugs andrea

Kelly Lloyd said...

Fab card Pauline. Love it.
Thanks for sharing with us at a gem of a challenge
Hugs Kelly

KandA said...

This is brilliant. Your masculine cards are always fabulous and this is no exception. The papers are perfect with the decoupaged tank and I'd say you're definitely up for a prize - or should I say a prize for your husband. Have a super easter weekend xx

mags said...

Super card Pauline. Thanks for sharing with us at A Gem of a Challenge and good luck.
Mags
x

Jacki Daniels said...

Hi Pauline what a fantastic card great image and papers I think you came up trumps with this

Carol said...

This is fabulous Pauline and perfect for the competition. Let us know how you get on. Carol x

Claire said...

It is unusual, but brilliant. Hope you win. Hugs, Claire x

KraftyKoolKat said...

What a fantastic card Pauline. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at Creative Card Crew.

Hugs
Cathy DT
xxxxxxx

Unknown said...

Awesome my friend, fab decoupage and hope hubby liked it..xx

Sue said...

This is wonderful Pauline. Such a great choice of image. I love the layout and of course the beautifully decorated inside too.
Wishing you a Happy Easter
Sue xx

Cumbrianlass said...

Hi Pauline, your card is, as always, amazing, and inspired, the Tank looked fantastic, and the layers are super.
Hugs
Janet

Lorraine said...

Brilliant mans card Pauline. The image looks great and I love the layout and fab papers.
Lorraine x

rachel said...

well Pauline I can safely say I have never seen a card with a tank on before - but its fabulous - love it xx Have a great Easter xx

Beryl said...

Brilliant card Pauline. You'll have to let us know how well it went down on the site.
beryl xx

♥Gemma♥ said...

Fantastic card hun and good luck...
hugs and xxx
Gemma

Gibmiss said...

Hi Pauline
Fabulous card.... Love the image...
Hugs Sylvie xxx

Unknown said...

Ooooh fabby man card Pauline! I love to see these, as I'm a bit t useless with ideas for men!
Lizy xx

Shea said...

What a FANTASTIC card, both for the Tank challenge as well as ours, "On the Move!" You nailed this challenge! Love the papers and the image! Thanks so much for playing along with us at AGOAC this week!

Unknown said...

Wowzers! All this talent floating in cardville.

PS-I have blog candy. I'm giving away a $25 Etsy Gift Certificate.

Jules said...

Hi Pauline

What a great card .. .. just perfect for the theme. Hope it wins a prize!

Bet your hubby was well chuffed with it.

Hope you are having a good Easter break.

Love Jules xx

Melodie said...

Although I do not like these war vehicles, I like the card very well again. You have such great ideas.
Hugs
Melodie

Unknown said...

That's brilliant Pauline, your DH asks you for a card and you just make him the perfectly right one! Spot on! Happy Easter, hugs, Ira xox
irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

Sue B said...

Oh WOW! this is awesome Pauline!! what a fab image and the papers are wonderful !! and the 2 is so perfect… and it's beautifully decorated inside too!!
Well I think you should definitely win a prize with this!!! Good luck - fingers and toes crossed!
Big hugs
Sue xx

Vee said...

Fabulous card, I love the colour combo. Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.
xx Vee

Unknown said...

Fab card - love the image and design. Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Card Crew.

Unknown said...

This card oozes masculinity! It's great! Thanks so much for joining us at Creative Card Crew this fortnight :)

Unknown said...

This card oozes masculinity! It's great! Thanks so much for joining us at Creative Card Crew this fortnight :)

jaine drake said...

This is great, I too like to use atlas pages. Thanks for joining the challenge with Sarah Hurley.